Test Cancellations and Additions
- Tests may be cancelled by the client without charge while specimens are
in transit to Focus.
- Test cancellations cannot be made after an assay has been set up or completed
and will therefore be charged the standard test fee.
- Additional testing can be arranged if specimen volume permits.
- Focus requires that requests for cancellation or additional testing be made
by the originating or authorized laboratory.
- For all verbal requests, a written authorization must be submitted to our
Client Service Department within 30 days, as required by federal regulation.
- New York State law requires a written authorization within 48 hours of verbal
Focus Diagnostics performs direct detection and serologic testing daily for important infectious diseases. Please contact Client Services at 800-445-4032 to inquire about sending specimens and the testing schedule. In addition, Focus Diagnostics offers STAT testing for Pneumocystis carinii direct detection by DFA during the following hours:
Client requests for STAT testing services are subject to a special STAT test fee per specimen and STAT courier charges, if applicable.
Focus retains serum specimens up to three weeks. Depending on specimen availability,
the following can be performed:
An additional fee will be charged for titering positive specimens to endpoint.
Please contact the Focus Diagnostics Client Service Department for any of
the above requests.
- Repeat testing
- Parallel testing
- Endpoint titer(s)
- Focus will charge a handling fee to cover the cost of returning or forwarding
- Requests must be made by the submitting laboratory.
- FedEx or DHL account number must be provided.
- Allow 2-3 business days for return of specimen.
As a service to our clients, Focus will refer specimens to another
accredited laboratory for certain tests. A handling fee per specimen
will be added to the price of all send-outs.
Microbiology/Virology Special Fees
A special fee will be applied as necessary for microbiology and virology
work-ups for the following reasons:
- Identification of a submitted organism is required in order to perform and
interpret the requested test.
- To subculture the isolate from a submitted mixed culture.
- A submitted organism is found to be non-viable after numerous subculture
- A request is made for identification of organisms in a culture other than
the predominant organism.
Serotyping of select species is available for an additional charge.
Test Change Notification
Focus continuously strives to enhance service and improve the quality
of test results. In so doing, turnaround times, methodologies, reference ranges,
and prices are subject to change. Focus strives to provide a minimum of 30 day
notification, via Clientgram, of any assay changes.
The "Results Available" information included in the test listing is a guideline
to the range of possible turnaround times. Actual turnaround is dependent on
when our laboratory receives the specimen, and on the set-up day(s) for a particular
test, which may change. Focus' Client Services Representatives are available
daily by phone to provide information about current set-up schedule or any other
questions you may have about our assays.